Dear members,

This serves to let you know that we had a very successful science cafe
discussion in Arua over the weekend. The topic of discussion " Maternal and
infant mortality: the bigger picture" was but all embraced by the community
members and the professionals alike. It was an interative battle between the
men, women and the health workers. Over 250 people attended and the
excitement and demand was so overwhelming. We hope to take this to another
level and we encourage more people to join the team.

Thanks to all the people who supported this first-ever cafe in local
languages in Arua and most especially Arua team (Dr Anguzu Patrick, Mr & Mrs
Agobia Caeser, the LC1 and team leader of Enyau Kebir), Radio Pacis team
under the captainship of Mr Nyakuni Alfred, Fr Ruffino Ezama and Mr Vasco
Oguzua who travelled all the way from USA, Dr Aldo Burua who led the
discussions, the Entebbe team and all the people who attended and
participated actively.

Details of the discussions will soon be accessed from the website
www.sciencecafeuganda.org.

Thank you.

Patrice