Dear members, I have just heard in news that expired drugs worth 10million
shillings have been returned to Arual hopistal after health centres in West
Nile fail to use the drugs. The drugs include anti-malarials and ARVs, while
this could be true for ARVs, I dont expect the same for anti-malarials. Can
somebody on ground update us on what exactly happened. I know that some of
these drugs are imported when they are left with 2-3months to expire, could
this be the case? In any case our hospital managers should not have accepted
drugs about to expire because it is more costly to bring the drugs back for
destruction.

Please update us

Christine