From: Leone Iga. Mawa <leonem...@gmail.com>
To: milburga atcero <matc...@yahoo.com>; A Virtual Network for friends of West
Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Sent: Tuesday, September 6, 2011 8:21 AM
Subject: Re: [WestNileNet] Electricity in West Nile!

Dear Colleagues,

I salute you all for the discussions and am well pleased for the heartfelt
expressions over the issues of our region. It is quite unlikely that there will
be equity in development knowing what it takes to achieve it when such
necessary social amenities are either being denied or politicized every time we
raise our voices or someone else comes with an option for a solution. Equally
it is ridiculous in my view too when we are made to develop a mental model of
believing any 'development program government brings, to receiving favor from a
leader'. I agree with you discussants on this matter. We are not beggars but
children of one family Uganda and we deserve equal treatment. Those of us in
the yellow bus, take these issues very objectively and understand that it is
not about gratification and praising individuals when things are done to us,
but believing in the justice of our cause, that West Nile must compete
favourably in terms of development like it is
 Mbarara and other parts of the region. Am not in anyway against any Leader(s),
I love them because they are fellow Ugandans and they should not cause pain to
hearts of fellow citizens.

We have such a very enormous potential for Growth & Development given
Electricity in the region. My question is, "What is the way forward despite all
futile efforts being made to demand for this power?", As the saying goes-"WHERE
THERE IS A WILL THERE IS A WAY" . What is left of us friends as we crave for
this right?????

Leone Mawa
Nairobi-Ken.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 5:18 PM, milburga atcero <matc...@yahoo.com> wrote:

hi

> [...]
 Bishop Frederick from constructing the dam. Anyhow, we hope and pray that with
time, all those people with bad heart towards us will one day go and we have
another who will hear our cry. But in the mean time, as I said earlier, nobody
should stop or intimidate us from demanding for our rights.
>God bless you,
>Andrua
>

>On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 12:44 AM, Ayikoru <ayiko...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
>Dear Mr. Andrua,
>>
>>Please calm down! I'm on the same side as you and all who desire genuine, non
>>paternalistic development in West Nile and indeed in Uganda. All  I've done
>>in my article is to satirise the subject matter, given the mostly
>>intellectual predisposition on this forum. Refer to all items in inverted
>>commas in my original article and hope you will see what I intended in the
>>first place.  But clearly, for now, it seems I have missed the point, which
>>is such a shame.
>>
>>Have a great week.
>>
>>Maureen Ayikoru
>>
>>Sent from my iPhone
>>

>>On 4 Sep 2011, at 19:14, alex free <freeal...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Dear Brothers and Sisters,
>>>

>>> Those who agree with me will not tow the line of argument of Maurine
>>> Ayikoru and the like. Maurine is talking about boarding the so-called
>>> yellow bus, I don't know which yellow bus! But the fact is, that yellow bus
>>> is a symbol of of politics paternalism and favouritism. I mean in a
>>> paternalistic political setting such as we experience in Uganda, Cameroon
>>> etc, the leaders act as patrons. When a road is build, a hospital erected
>>> or something else, it is seen as a favour from the big person and the
>>> citizens where such a development takes place are supposed to be grateful
>>> and see the figure of that politician as a saviour! That type of politics,
>>> dear Maurine, is not what we advocate in Uganda and it is not the reason
>>> why most of the times people of West Nile, Acholi, Lango etc vote in a
>>> different direction. The normal understanding is that it is taxes which
>>> everybody pays which bring in those services. So, for a citizen in Kasese
>>> or Abim to have
 electricity or clean running wat