From: Charles Male <cdm...@gmail.com>
To: Atiku Isaac Opika <opikat...@gmail.com>; A Virtual Network for friends of
West Nile <westnilenet@kym.net>
Cc: godfreyaluo...@yahoo.com; ACRIDI CHRISTOPHER <acidrichris...@yahoo.com>;
loti osutre.dr <losutr...@yahoo.com>; GILBERT ANIKU-DR
<gilbert.an...@gmail.com>; DRAVU RONALD <rdr...@yahoo.com>; kyogabirwe ziporah
<kyz...@yahoo.co.uk>; POYA NOAH <poy...@hotmail.com>; Carol Maringa
<rcen...@ratn.org>; Henry Wabinga <hwabi...@chs.mak.ac.ug>; Adakuru Stella
<adakuru.ste...@centenary.bank.co.ug>; jobile2...@yahoo.co.uk; chiriaerejo
<chiriaer...@gmail.com>; Nicole Kruetzen <nicole.kruet...@ded.de>; james forbes
ngobi <forbesng...@yahoo.com>; ezad...@yahoo.com; Ann Njeri
<annje...@yahoo.com>; B char <baru_c...@yahoo.com>; gallagu...@yahoo.com;
betty...@yahoo.com; gabriel...@yahoo.com; Kennethe Mugisha <keng...@yahoo.com>;
moses ongom <omopa_2...@yahoo.com>; JOYCE FALEA <joycefa...@yahoo.com>; stephen
edema <stephenedemabud...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, 1 March 2012, 5:07
Subject: [WestNileNet] Project "ARM" Dr. Isaac Atiku Opika

Dear Dr. Atiku,

We will continue to pray for you to get better - emotionally, physically and
psychologically. West Nile Members have come together from time to time to help
others financially for medical and other reasons. I know that every month
people get together to raise funds for weddings etc. I was blown away I watched
the video of a wedding that took place in Arua sometime last year or was it
2010 - where the people literally raised ienough money to build the young
couple a new permanment house and fully furnish it at the same time.

Friends -- Dr. Atiku's case is one of these situations where we should come
together and help especially when we know that "arming" Dr. Atiku will not only
help him in his new life, but also enable him to return to the business of
taking care of our sick and dying relatives back in Arua hospital.

In well organized societies we would not have to worry about "arming" the good
Doctor ourselves; the insurance funds would have covered all the medicall
expenses including the artificial arm.

Could we ask one person based in Uganda to volunteer to coordinate Project
"Arm" Dr. Isaac Atiku? You can see from his message below that an artificial
arm could range anywhere from $3,300 US to $30,000. Although Dr. Atiku, has
given his account number for any contributions -- and I encourage any one to
contribute directly to him through western union, bank transfers or in person.
It would be nice to see that we could get together and contribute to project
"Arm" Dr Atiku separately and them give his the funds as a lumpsum. Could I
suggest that Project "Arm Dr. Atiku starts March 1, 2012 and ends June 30, 2012?

Could a journalist volunteer to write up the story of Dr. Atiku ( Who he is,
what happened, when, where, the sort of help he requires, plan to go back to
work as soon as he is healed, challenges of getting insurance to cater for
motor vehicle accident injuries in Uganda etc etc.

Any comments? Suggestions?

NEEDED : A Volunteer (s) to take on the project and Journalist to write up
story that we can share with Diasporeans.

May you all be richly blessed.

Charles Male
Ottawa, Canada

Dear Charles,