Hello Richard,

Don't lose hope! Keep hope alive because it is the only thing that can sustain
you in the most hopeless situation, man!

I share your frustration and the frustration of many others on this forum for
the endless talks without actions. Around 2009/20120 when the forum was taking
shape there was a vigorous debate about who we are and purpose of our
existence. Many constructive suggestions were made. Some people wanted this
forum to be a development forum and others wanted it to just be a network
forum. In fact the most popular name that emerged after a vote was West Nile
Development Forum, if I remember well, but it seems the leadership was
uncomfortable with that and the vote was ignored and more discussions went on
until we became "Westnile Net".

The Bible says "watch your tongue for in it lies the power of destruction or
life." We don't pick names at random because a name is a signifier. They
signify the identity of the object named. You will always be what you call
yourself because your name means you. It is therefore not a surprise that West
Nile Net is very active in virtual interaction on the net but completely
inactive in development activities on ground. There is nothing in our
existential identity that connects us to grass root activities so far. People
should not expect too much from us in this forum because we doing well in what
we can do best "engage each other on the net." Kindly understand our situation,
ladies and gentlemen! We are not actually doing badly in as far as our core
identity and mission is concerned. We can support others in doing what you are
accusing us of not doing which may technically be within our mandate as West
Nile Net. (NB. The views expressed in this piece are
 not necessarily those of its founders or its leadership and they should not
cause unnecessary disaffection.)

Thanks.

Sam Andema