The perceived calm of the Prime Minister and President Museveni in regards
to the Mbabazi saga is only cosmetic...and temporary.
The looming reality is a dead-end ahead.
Those with experience and who have cared to analyze the options know it
already. The formation of the next cabinet will make it clear to those who
have any doubts.
With the Kyankwanzi resolution in full swing, we have the main
"ideological" counter measure to any brewing competition within NRM.
It now allows all sorts of initiatives, including underhand
measures, to take place countrywide.
For the main two actors, jumping out isn't a topic for discussion. Fighting
back with political rhetoric is futile (PM was on TV the other day talking
quite tough). Trying to contain the matter internally is also impractical
as trust is now extinct. It even seems that back-stabbing and undermining
competition is clearly the order of the day.
Basically, we now have a duel like in the good old cowboy movies, where we
wait to see who can draw fastest between the two.
There aren't many options at hand. You either flee or confront the other
conclusively.
Duels end with blood.