What If It Was Museveni?

As young Ugandans mourn the untimely death of their beloved musician "AK47"
(RIP), someone asked: "What if it was Museveni?"

Normally that shouldn't be a problem.

State procedures are supposedly in place with the Vice President replacing
him temporarily until elections are held.

That's basically the organized way.

But the worrying issue in this country today is that historical backdoor
political alliances, with Museveni at the helm, are the ones that drive any
State activity rather than the professionals hired to do so in government.

These alliances are increasingly contending with a new generation eager to
take their place, still next to Museveni.

As a rule to them, the State is Museveni, and Museveni is the state.

The rest of the country is then increasingly towed along the same ideology.

But after Museveni, it is everyone for themselves, or with whoever can help
one move upwards on the success ladder.

So we better know already how to cope with unexpected behaviour if/when
Museveni dies.

I wouldn't be surprised If some so-called "historical" came out asking the
eager young new-comers: "Where were you when we were fighting in the bush
in 1986?"

What do poor Ugandans reply if "the bush" becomes the institution that
decides?