As I monitor the NRM party primaries, I am glad to see that supporters
aren't allowing fake elections to take place. They are resolutely vigilant.
The incidents we are seeing, aren't they proof that supporters won't let
in-house thieves steal their vote? Party offices burnt down because evil
and theft had established residence there-in. Some righteous people still
exist, people who won't sit and watch electoral fraud on their votes in
broad daylight or pitch darkness.
However, your struggle isn't over. Elections for big flag-bearer positions
await. And we all know that many are reportedly already busy trying to
snatch victory illegally over colleagues. Some are struggling to also bep
declared sole candidates by hook or crook. Voter bribing is rampant across
the country. Do you think these candidates are working on yellow happiness
and friendship? Their is probably one ideology in their minds currently:
Political survival first, Ndugu comrades later. "Saa mbaya!"
Whoever relaxes and fails to protect their candidates interests during the
primaries, does so at their own peril.
Meanwhile, 'Boko Police' is seemingly too busy to help fight NRM primaries
malpractices. They are occupied with "crushing" (and undressing?) their big
enemy; The supposedly constitutionally guaranteed opposition. With a
leading candidate under a multi-agency siege as I write this. The so-called
Independent Electoral Commission, of all people, refuses him his right to
meet the masses, while I regularly see joyful ruling party campaign
processions unhindered. And security now wants the opposition leader under
house arrest until nomination day mid-november.
Honestly, what freedom and democracy is that? They themselves never did
such before.
Let's look at it critically for a second. Isn't that rigging already since
their actions favor another candidate? Haven't they therefore been rigging
for months now?
Thanks to my fathers effort I studied in, and travelled to countries where
I experienced genuine democracy in action. So comparably, who is fooling
who?
Uganda surely needs to be delivered from this now stunted political growth.