AMIN FAMILY BASKING IN GOV'T CASH?

I am quite strict about maintaining integrity. I have foregone shady deals
and endured so much so as not to get drawn into unethical behaviour and
corruption.
So for someone to claim that our family receives huge amounts of cash from
the government, is quite disturbing. I always tried to earn a living
through ordinary work like every Ugandan,
Even my father knew me for insisting on that.
Today our family has still not received a coin from ex-gratia payments for
former presidents. The law was passed in 1995. My fathers properties in
Mbuya are still occupied by military squatters. The house in Arua was used
as a command center for Tanzanian forces who blew it up for no combat
reason except probably sheer hatred as they left. I hope to raise
compensation claims with them soon. My grandfather divided that land
between all his sons and daughters. So I wonder what was the point for
destroying something after using the premises?
Our farm was occupied by government officials. I remember one Alex Onzima
Adroa (of all people because he is my maternal relative) seemingly
attempting to occupy and/or grab the farm by force. I suspect the Minister
felt they could have a go at my fathers property because he wasn't around:
Stupidity.
In regards to myself, I have been hard working and self reliant.
I remember my first bike that I bought with my own salary from musician
Daniel Kyeyune a.k.a Ragga Dee. Yes the guy who is running for Kampala
Mayor today.
As for my entire education my father paid and I thank him profusely for
that expensive effort. But I also went back to France again for
professional training thanks to the French Embassy where I applied just
like other Ugandans did, and was fortunate to be awarded the scholarship on
pure merit. By the way that is how I also got all the jobs I ever did:
Purely on merit.
Former colleagues can attest to this. They will probably also report that I
was a serious professional who always strived to produce quality work,
including staying up all night at the workplace in order to beat delivery
deadlines for the companies clients.
But for every job I got in my professional career, there are hundreds of
applications I wrote that were unsuccessful.
So I wonder how someone gets up one day and starts making political claims
about me secretely basking in tax-payers money. I am not as foolish as the
so-called "Rich Gang".
For your information, our family has received promise after promise from
government in the last two decades, yet as I said last year, if there was a
competition for unfulfilled promises to our family, and more importantly
false promises to the country, the person making them would be in the
Guinness book of records for most lies per annum.
And while it is true that I have a brother who drives a Hummer H3, an Audi
Q7 plus other posh vehicles, the state itself is probably also wondering
how/where he gets all the riches.

But I Hussein Lumumba Amin insists on personal dignity and humble means
first.
Now can I ride my blue bicycle without some envious, opportunists
interfering with my peace?
This bicycle doesn't have a back seat for political scrubs.

Written by Hussein Lumumba Amin.
09/01/2016
Kampala, Uganda