Though it is within my rights and prerogative to stand for presidential
elections with the support of the entire nation, and though I know what is
technically required for Uganda to be on the fast track to greater enduring
economic development, though I know what is required to establish peaceful
succession practices like our neighbours are already doing for decades,
though I also know what is required to kick out parasitic corruption, and
what is required to secure the country from itself and from terrorism,
though I have the view point necessary to build regional unity and
increased trade relations, and though I know what is necessary to give the
country's children a brighter future, our women greater rights, and bring
tangible and meaningful hope to our jobless youths, I'd rather avoid
participating in any fraudulent general election as unscrupulous as the
historic theft that took place on February 18th 2016.
Let me re-iterate, and I can't emphasize this enough, that it is the duty
of every citizen and every self-respecting politician to make electoral
reforms THE priority already now.
The lack of credibility, lack of transparency, and lack of impartiality
seen in the electoral process earlier this year should never again be
repeated in this country.
Instead of remedying this serious cancer while it is still freshly visible,
legislators (the entire cabinet inclusive) are more concerned with
legislating tax deductions from their allowances, and the "cabinet" seems
to be focusing on erotic dances. Misguided priorities are a political
reality in this country today.
We are just from polls that were an outright military coup, and where the
entire state, the people, and particularly the judiciary, have been
underhandedly hijacked manu militari, and forced to launder electoral theft.
Calling for an independent audit of results is a perfectly legitimate
request. A swearing-in ceremony is being organized to try and legitimize
what was seen being accomplished through fraud and force.
The truth is that only a transparent recount, the audit, can satisfactorily
confirm or disprove the claimed win.
As justice can be perverted, the verifiable truth can't.
Because Justice was supposed to provide truth by answering the simple
question: Then who was the true winner?
As I once said recently, not a single person on this planet has seen any
proof that confirms the win that is being flaunted. Miscarriage of justice
is therefore another reality today.
So it is upon all morally upright citizens, every political party, every
stake- holder, including all the former presidential candidates, and all
friends of Uganda to make the long overdue electoral reforms, and the
requested independent audit, as a top priority for this country.
Uganda's long term peace and stability will definitely be  impacted if
addressing such incoherences is ignored.

God Bless Uganda.

Hussein Lumumba Amin
30/4/2016