President Idi Amin never took a single coin from the state. He even
publicly refused to take any single item from the tens of thousands of
properties across the country that he had nationalized. A quick look at
what has happened with government properties ever since Amin left, and one
can ask themselves if any other Ugandan leader from the past or present,
was in Amin's position in 1972, could they resist scrambling for properties
for themselves? Some people clearly have no self restraint. In fact they
have a looters greedy behaviour called "tama" in Swahili. They then dash to
legitimize their illegalities later through the rampant forgery that we see
today.
If a leader is found calling public property and national resources his
own, tell me exactly what mentality lurks behind such a character
sincerely?
Didn't President Idi Amin simply decree the total redistribution of all
nationalized properties to all indigenous Ugandans?

By Hussein Lumumba Amin
23/10/2016
​