Picture: The Late Kabaka Sir Edward Muteesa's Casket Carried By Uganda
Armed Forces (4th April 1971).

After bringing back Kabaka Sir Edward Muteesa (RIP) from London for a State
Funeral, the Uganda Argus newspaper in its April, 1971 edition, captured
the gratitude of Buganda mourners towards General Amin:
“We are grateful for what you have done for us. We have nothing to give you
except our love and loyalty. You have returned our beloved Kabaka who died
destitute for the greed of one man, Obote.
A person who actually never suffered like the Kabaka for the independence
we are enjoying today.”

The Baganda elders then went on tell Amin that the surviving children from
the 1966 Lubiri attack had nowhere to get a proper education.
President Amin immediately decreed for the construction of a specially
dedicated primary school. The vast grounds where Kisenyi childrens court
already existed is where construction of the Nabagereka primary school was
completed in 1972.
I am told, and I am yet to ascertain if it is true, that the primary
school, its purpose, and its historic value for Uganda (and especially for
the baganda) have all been demolished just recently by Buganda Kingdom.

By Hussein Lumumba Amin
03/12/1966