On this day one year ago, "the 2016 presidential election winner" was
abruptly announced. Suddenly, disbelief and a deafening silence ripped
through the entire country for weeks.
There was not a single celebration. The polls were largely felt as
unpallatable.
>From my perspective, this sad state of affairs was caused by one main
factor: A failure to provide honest leadership and ensure that every
persons vote truly counts.
Thank God the situation didn't deteriorate to all out fighting, looting
and/or destruction.
For the record, I noticed that Ugandans have not made any progress in
attempting to correct any mistakes from last years polls. And in that
light, we have actually stagnated in February 2016.

Lumumba Hussein Amin
20/02/2017