Excellent opportunities to study in Kenya!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: GALIWANGO HENRY <galiwangohenry2...@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Apr 23, 2017 at 10:48 PM
Subject: MSC and PhD opportunities 2017
To: Sylvia Mkandawire <schind...@gmail.com>
Cc: Haroon Sseguya <hsseg...@gmail.com>, Howard Tugume <htug...@gmail.com>,
Mulugo" <lmul...@yahoo.com>, Matilda Ouma <mato...@yahoo.com>, "> RICHARD
KIFUKO" <kifur...@gmail.com>, ">" <wamalakal...@gmail.com>, ">" <
smayambal...@gmail.com>, ">" <dorcasloke...@gmail.com>, Debbebe Tolosa <
debb...@gmail.com>, "> Kamugisha" <rkamu2...@yahoo.com>, ">" <
kasanziki...@gmail.com>, nabasumba sylivia <nabasum...@yahoo.com>, ">
Joseph Ogwal" <ogwal...@yahoo.com>, ">" <snabasu...@ucu.ac.ug>, Kansiime
Michael <drkanm...@gmail.com>, "Massa, Henry" <h.ma...@ruforum.org>

FYI
Announcement for Msc and PhD Scholarships 2017/2018
Food insecurity and poverty remain the major challenges to Africa’s
development, affecting about 33% of its population. One key approach in
addressing Africa’s food insecurity is to build capacity along the
agricultural value chains. The Centre of Excellence in Sustainable
Agriculture and Agribusiness Management (CESAAM) at Egerton University
(Kenya), funded by World Bank is modeled to address the above issues. The
broad objective of CESAAM is to contribute to sustainable agricultural and
agribusiness management through capacity development, research and
technology transfer for enhanced food security. The fellowships will
therefore support students training and research in field addressing
sustainable agriculture and agribusiness management. Key focus areas
include Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management, Animal
Sciences, Crop and Soil Sciences, Dairy and Food Sciences.
The Center seeks to offer limited competitive Masters and PhD scholarships
to eligible applicants from Kenyan, Uganda, Rwanda, Tanzania, South Sudan,
and Burundi. Preference will be given to students from the following
institutions that are key partners in the project:
University of Rwanda, Rwanda
University of Juba, South Sudan
University of Burundi, Burundi
Gulu University, Uganda
Egerton University, Kenya
Kenya Agricultural and Livestock Research Organization, Kenya
BecA ILRI
Female applicants and students from countries emerging from conflict will
be given special consideration.
Targeted Programmes
Applications are invited for Masters and PhD Scholarships at the CESAAM in
the Faculty of Agriculture, Egerton University. The Scholarships are
tenable for programmes commencing in August 2017. The Awardees for the MSc
programmes will be on a two year full time study while the PhD awardees
will be on a three year full-time study programme. The following are the
programmes targeted for support:
Animal Sciences
1. M.Sc. in Livestock Production Systems
2. M.Sc. in Animal Nutrition
3. M.Sc. in Animal Breeding and Genetics
4. Ph.D. in Animal Science
Crops, Horticulture and Soil Sciences
1. M.Sc. in Agronomy
2. M.Sc. in Plant Breeding
3. M.Sc. in Crop Protection
4. M.Sc. in Horticulture
5. M.Sc. in Plant Biotechnology
6. Ph.D. in Agronomy
7. Ph.D. in Horticulture
8. Ph.D. in Plant Breeding
9. Ph.D. in Soil Science
10. Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology
Agricultural Economics and Agribusiness Management
1. M.Sc. in Agribusiness Management
2. M.Sc. in Agricultural and Applied Economics
3. M.Sc. in Agricultural Economics
4. Ph.D. in Agribusiness Management
5. Ph.D. in Agricultural Economics
Food Science and Technology
1. M.Sc. in Food Science
2. Ph.D. in Food Science
Scholarship Coverage
This is a comprehensive scholarship that will cover tuition fees, thesis
research costs, stipend (to cover living expenses and hostel) and a return
air-ticket for applicants from outside Kenya and Uganda.
Eligibility
a. Applicants must meet the admission criteria for postgraduate programmes
of Egerton University.
b. MSc applicants must have attained at least a Second Class Honours (Upper
Division) or equivalent in relevant agricultural science or related field.
c. PhD applicants must have successfully completed masters or equivalent in
a relevant agricultural science or related field.
d. Applicants must submit a recommendation letter from their Head of
Department, Dean or Principal of the specified institution collaborating
with the CESAAM center.
e. Qualified women are encouraged to apply and will be given priority.
Application Procedure
Interested candidates may apply either online, or by post enclosing their
applications in envelope marked CESAAM programmes, to the addressees below.
The applicant must submit the following documents:
1. Application cover letter
2. Curriculum vitae
3. Certified copies of transcripts and certificates
4. For PhD applicants, a concept note of not more than 4 pages stipulating
research area of interest
N/B: The deadline for applying for the scholarships is April 30, 2017.
Apply for Scholarship
For more information about the scholarship contact: The Center Leader,
Prof. George Owuor, on Email. g.ow...@egerton.ac.ke or call +254722831634
<+254%20722%20831634>
Copyright © 2017 Egerton University ISO 9001:2008 Certified. All rights
reserved.  dev....@egerton.ac.ke |  +254-51-2217891 <+254%2051%202217891>

--
Galiwango Henry
Department of Open and Distance Learning