Hello.

When using wget 1.6 and glibc and LANG=sv_SE the last lines of output of
wget --help is:

Skicka felrapporter och f?rslag till <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.
Skicka anm?rkningar p? ?vers?ttningar till <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

The ? should be national characters (i.e. ISO-8859-1 but not ASCII).

If I change main.c to do setlocale(LC_ALL, "") instead of
setlocale(LC_MESSAGES, ""), the problem goes away.

I first sent this to the glibc developers as setlocale is there and
because the problem shows in glibc-2.2.1 but not glibc-2.1.3.  However
Ulrich Drepper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> promptly replied:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:
>
> >         Changing wget to use LC_ALL made the problem go away, but
> >         I think this is an error in glibc.
>
> No, it's not.  Fix the program.

Hence, this bug report.

        Jan D.