Hello there,

I am enjoying wget 1.5.2 on SGI IRIX, thank you! There is, however, one
aspect of the functionality I have not managed to get to work; it is not
mentioned in `wget -help`.

I maintain a VERY large database in sync with a remote server using wget.
The files on the server are gzip'ed - on my local host I need to keep
them gunzip'ed. Since wget -m reacts to BOTH timestamp AND file size I have
to gzip all my local file prior to calling wget and gunzip them afterwords
to get the desired behaviour: selective download of the remote files newer
than local.

How do I configure wget to mind the timestamp only? Is there a better way?

I will be grateful for a hint ...;-o

/best
Kristoffer

Kristoffer Rapacki                      Center for Biological Sequence Analysis
phone: +45 4525 2483                    Institute of Biotechnology
fax:   +45 4593 1585                    The Technical University of Denmark
                                        Building 208
e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]              DK-2800 Lyngby  Denmark