Rakhesh Sasidharan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I don't know if wget is the tool for this, but I still ask.
>
> I need to mirror some sites for offline viewing.  I usally use "wget" to
> recursively suck parts of the web, but in some cases it does not work. For
> example, say I want to suck the whole site (www.imap.org) to
> /mirrors/www.imap.org.  This means I want all links in the file of the
> form /pics/something.jpg should be modified to point to
> /mirrors/www.imap.org/pics/something.jpg -- is there some way to do this
> automatically, or do I have to visit each file and do it manually ?  Or
> maybe I'm using the wrong program for mirroring ... could somebody help ?

--convert-links should do this but it had some problems with these
hostless absolute links. I'm not sure if this has been fixed for all
cases but you can track the discussion in the archives or, even better
try the current CVS source (wget-1.7-dev) and report any problems you
find.

Instruction on how to get and compile the CVS source is on the web-site
(http://sunsite.dk/wget) under developement.

> Thanks,

You're welcome

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799