Thanks!  That worked.

--Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Hack Kampbjørn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2001 2:25 AM
To: Humes, David G.
Cc: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: Is there a way to override wgetrc options on command line?

"Humes, David G." wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have several cronjobs using wget and the wgetrc file turns on
passive-ftp
> by default.  I have one site where strangely enough passive ftp does not
> work but active does work.  I'd rather leave the passive ftp default set
and
> just change the one cronjob that requires active ftp.  Is there any way to
> tell wget to either disregard the wgetrc file or to override one or more
of
> its options?
>
> Thanks.

What about --execute=COMMAND ?

$ wget --help
GNU Wget 1.7-pre1, a non-interactive network retriever.
Usage: wget [OPTION]... [URL]...

Mandatory arguments to long options are mandatory for short options too.

Startup:
  -V,  --version           display the version of Wget and exit.
  -h,  --help              print this help.
  -b,  --background        go to background after startup.
  -e,  --execute=COMMAND   execute a `.wgetrc'-style command.
[...]

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn               [EMAIL PROTECTED]
HackLine                     +45 2031 7799