Andrew Coggins wrote:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks, that cleared the problem. though  a search on freshmeat came up empty
> for texi2pod.

texi2pod isn't a separate package, but included in the wget
distribution. It should be build by make. But it failed, that's the
error message you got. Wget as a GNU software is developed to use GNU
make and *BSD system uses (you guessed it) Berkeley (or BSD) make. You
should install gmake (it's in ports) and run 'gmake' wherever the
documentation says 'make'

In general it's a good idea on *BSD systems to built on ports shared
knowledge (even when you're no using it's build and installation
system). Information like this is already recorded there (and even some
patches). On my OpenBSD system:

$ cd /usr/ports/net/wget
$ make show=USE_GMAKE
Yes
$ ls patches/
CVS                        patch-configure_in
patch-doc_wget.texi
patch-configure            patch-doc_Makefile.in

> -Andrew
>
> >On Sunday 04 November 2001 12:33, Andrew Coggins wrote:
> >> erm, well I went to freshmeat, looked up wget, and followed the links.
> >> http://www.freshmeat.net
> >>
> >> So, anyone able to help with my problem? :)
> >
> >Hi, I am also rather asker than answerer on this list. But: Looks like you
>
> >have to install texi2pod?
> >
> >Second guess: texi2pod tranlates your docs from GNU texinfo to perl pod
> >format (at least I guess so). So I guess for making the program work, you can
>
> >do without.

Which is converted to man format which the pod2man from perl (usually
already on the system).

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn