Hi.

I know this topic has been discussed on this list in several occasions,
but I would like to raise the issue once more, if you please : download
throttling (rate limiting).

I still think that supporing rate limiting as a wget option is a
worthwhile cause - in my case, a login server that I manage had its
bandwidth saturated by a couple of users who use wget to download large
video files, around the clock. by supplying them with the ability to
control the download rate I can convert a technical problem to a social
engineering problem (which in my case is much easier to solve).

I took the approach visited by Stephen Cope in his rate limiting patch
(http://kimihia.org.nz/projects/wgetrate) and simply reworked his patch
for my own nefarious means (any terrible errors discovered are mine). I
would like the developers' opinion on the patch, and whether or not it may
be palatable to the general public.

Attached is the patch against wget 1.7.1

TIA

Oded