I have recently tripped across a bug with the version of wget shipped with RedHat 7.2.  When I attempt to recursively retrieve a web tree starting with an html link that contains a base href, wget apparently limits all href to base href even if another absolute path is specified.  You can verify this with the following command.

I cannot provide you with the site that I identified the problem with because of security reasons.  The site worked fine until a recent decision to distribute parts of it across hosts on two separate domains.  When I adjusted the top html to the new site which still points to the old tree, I discovered the problem.

Thanks,

William