I use a proxy server, and have a line in my .wgetrc that says something like:

  http_proxy = http://me:[EMAIL PROTECTED]:8080/

And couldn't get cookies to be passed back to pages correctly.

In wget 1.7 I noticed a line in http.c that says this:

        if (header_process (hdr, "Set-Cookie", set_cookie_header_cb, u))

I think it would be better if it said this:

        if (header_process (hdr, "Set-Cookie", set_cookie_header_cb, u->proxy ?
u->proxy : u))

because otherwise cookies seem to be stored as if they came from my proxy server and
not from the originating site.

Don't take my word for it, but having made the change in my copy it seems to work a
lot better.

I am not on this mailing list.  If you need more information please email me.

Chris.