Hrvoje Niksic wrote:

> Alexey Aphanasyev <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > rm -f *.o wget *~ *.bak core  *._o *._c
> > rm: ~: is a directory
> > *** Error code 1
>
> This is really weird.  It seems that you have created a subdirectory
> named "~" which makes rm fail and `make distclean' stop.

Yes, it was created. I guess I used `configure --prefix=~' one day. You
know, it used to work but stopped. May be due to FreeBSD update. I don't
know.

Anyway, I found a work around:

configure --prefix=`echo ~`

> I suggest that you remove the entire checkout and make a new one, and
> then try again with `make -f Makefile.cvs; ./configure; make'.  Or, if
> you are short on bandwidth, remove the offending "~" directory.  But
> be careful to quote it, so you don't end up deleting your own home.

I did as you suggested (removed damn "~"). Now everything works alright.
Thank you indeed.

Best regards,
Alexey