Thomas Lussnig <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> 1. without IPv6 there is no longer used new syscalls
> (gethostbyname2,inet_ntop,inet_pton)
> 2. It can on runtime downgreade to IPv4
> 3. In IPv6 mode it can handle IPv4 Adresses
> 4. Checked with following input www.ix.de , 217.110.115.160 ,
> www.ipv6.euronet.be
>+ Adress is shown as expected
>+ Connection work clean :-)
>+ checked also with IPv4 only where www.ipv6.euronet.be don't work (as
> expected because its ipv6 only)

Cool, good work.  There are still things to work on, though:

* Autoconf support.  Since I don't want to support broken IPv6
  implementations, we don't need to get fancy here.  Checking for
  several IPv6-specific calls and defining IPv6 only if all of them
  are there.  There should also be a flag to turn off IPv6 entirely at
  compile-time.

* FTP.  You said you'd look for help there, but I'd at least like to
  make sure that IPv4 sites work with FTP, even in "IPv6 mode".  In
  fact, I dislike the idea of a "mode", and I think it should be used
  only to downgrade to IPv4 and for debug purposes.

* You haven't answered my question about "scopes".  Is it really safe
  to just store the IP address and then call it later, without also
  storing the address scope?  Please take a careful look at this.

* Style.  Please take a look at Wget's coding standards (described in
  PATCHES file), and the accompanying GNU coding standards.  Please
  don't use C++ comments.  Please use lower-case variable names
  (`hostent' or `hptr' instead of HOSTENT).