On Thu, 17 Jan 2002, Thomas Lussnig wrote:

> And if using gethostbyname2 we only get Ipv6 adress :-( the other dns
> resolution seems to be badly broken under linux. So i do not prefer it.

Uhu?

In curl we use getaddrinfo() for IPv6-enabled hosts, and I've never received
a single report about that being problematic.

In fact, Red Hat Linux 7.2 even ships with libcurl installed IPv6-enabled
doing name lookups that way.

It works great on my glibc 2.1.3 box using a recent Linux 2.4 kernel.

So what does "badly broken" mean to you?

--
      Daniel Stenberg - http://daniel.haxx.se - +46-705-44 31 77