"Christopher H. Taylor" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Any ETA on when you're going to add a timeout alarm to the connect()
> function? I'm running 1.8.1 and still have the same problem. Many of
> my applications that utilize wget are time critical and I'm
> anxiously awaiting this fix. Thanks for your reply.

I've just implemented this, and it's been passing my initial tests.
I'll apply it to CVS shortly.

I can provide the patch, but it's against the latest CVS and is likely
not to apply to the 1.8.1 sources.  However, if it's critical for you,
you can grab the latest CVS sources and use that.  I believe the
current CVS is at least as stable as 1.8.1.