This isn't a bug, but the offer of a new feature.  The timestamping
feature doesn't quite work for us, as we don't keep just the latest
view of a website and we don't want to copy all those files around for
each update.

So I implemented a --changed-since=YYYYmmdd[hhmm] flag to only get
files that have changed since then according to the header.  It seems
to work okay, although your extra check for file-size eqality for the
timestamping feature makes me wonder if the date isn't always a good
measure.

One oddity is that if you point wget at a file that's older than the
date at the top level, it won't be gotten and there won't be any urls
to recurse on.  (We're pointing it at an url that changes daily.)

I tested it under Solaris 7, but there is a dependency on time() and
gmtime() that I haven't conditionalized for autoconf, as I am not
familiar with that tool.

I would like this feature to get carried along with the rest of the
codebase; would you like it?

-dca