Really? The original posting from Jamie Zawinski said:

> I know this would be somewhat evil, but can we have a special case in
> wget to assume that files named "?N=D" and "index.html?N=D" are the same
> as "index.html"?  I'm tired of those dumb apache sorting directives
> showing up in my mirrors as if they were real files...

I understood the question to be about URLs containing query strings (which
Jamie called sorting directives) showing up as separate files. I thought the
discussion was related to that topic. Maybe it diverged from that later in
the chain and I missed the change of topic.

I think what Jamie wants is one copy of index.html no matter how many links
of the form index.html?N=D appear.

>  BTW, wget's accept/reject rules are not regular expressions but simple
> shell globbing patterns.

OK.

Tony