On Tue, 14 May 2002, Amy Rupp wrote:

> I'm having trouble constructing the arguments (or a file as an input) to
> wget and cURL that contains values for GET and POST methods... for example,
> if I want to feed a date into a newspaper's archive in order to retrieve an
> article, I have to pass that value to the CGI method embedded in the page.
> I've seen the cURL manpage but I haven't been able to do it yet.
>
> If anyone has a pointer to some more extensive examples of how to formulate
> the arguments to cURL and the beta wget, I'd be very interested.

Since you're asking this on the wget mailing list, and not the curl one, I
expect that you want to see something about wget doing this. I am not aware
of any such docs or explanations on how to use the (upcoming) wget POST
feature.

For general information about how to automate HTTP scripting and things to
think about, there is lots of advice here (curl-related docs):
http://curl.haxx.se/docs/httpscripting.shtml

To extract information from a HTML page with a form in, I once wrote a little
perl script that does the job: http://curl.haxx.se/programs/formfind.txt

If that is not enough, I suggest that you show us the HTML with the form you
wanna fill in, and you show us what command lines that you've tried.

Good luck!