I wanted to use your basic authentication/proxy handling code. I do not need
the SSL stuff. I want some advice on how to get rid of all the surplus headers.
There is no need for stuff like SSL timestamps etc.

I'm a developer for Freeciv(www.freeciv.org), and we're GPLed as well, so there
won't be any problems. If there any alternative libraries handling HTTP 1.1
references that would be better to use, please let me know.

Aloha,
RK.

You did something because it had always been done, and the explanation was,
"but we've always done it this way." A million dead people can't have been
wrong, can they?
{The Fifth Elephant, 1999, Terry Pratchett}