Hi,

I want to use wget in a cron script to regularly download stuff and backup it.

I don't want to get bugged by cron with the output from wget (Time URL:
xxx...) so I tried using the quiet mode -q.

This was fine until some error on the server occured - I didn't spot it
because wget was too quiet - it didn't even spit out an error message.

I tried to filter it by redirecting stdout and stderr to different locations
but everything - if error or not - gets written on stderr.

So I want to request a new logging mode: quiet except errors. And please don't
consider a non-existing robots.txt as error...

Thank you.

Regards,

Gerd