On Sunday 02 June 2002 09:38 am, Hack Kampbjørn wrote:
> Mark Bucciarelli wrote:
> > I am having trouble wgetting a samsung printer driver from their site.
> > Every time I try, I immediately get an HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server
> > Error.   The web browser initiates the download properly when I click on
> > the link from the referer page.
[snip]
> This seems to be yet another encoding problem. I have no problem if I
> change the '&' to '&'. IIRC URLs found in a HTML page should be HTML
> decoded. A simple test (wget -F -i URL.html) shows that wget does this.

Thanks, I was able to get this to work.

I think the man page should mention this coding/decoding stuff.  Not important
enough for the description, but perhaps you could add the following paragraph
under the -F option:

    If the URL includes a character entity reference (that is, < > &
    or "), the -F option will automatically decode these references.  If
    you not using the -F option, then you should replace the references with
    the characters themselves (that is, <, >, &, or ").

Mark