On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Thomas Lussnig wrote:

> was the patch for switching to GNUTLS been tested yet ?
> If only done some quick checks, (work with/out http(s)) so that
> it is usable, but need to test client cert sending and server cert checking.
>
> I ask because this would solve the whole openssl problem, or most of it.

I am not sure what you mean by solving the openssl problem. GNU
TLS is a project in early development. Libgcrypt is still in alpha
development. There is no assurance that programs compiled with this
code will actually be secure. Openssl is a lonstanding, tested library
ready for production quality work. It is certainly reasonable to test
wget with GNU TLS in order to look for problems or bugs, but I don't
think that anyone would want to rely on the security of a wget binary
compiled with GNU TLS. See the disclaimers at the GNUTLS web site.
                        Doug
__
Doug Kaufman
Internet: [EMAIL PROTECTED]