ATTN: Managing Director
Dear Sir,
 REQUEST FOR BUSINESS RELATIONSHIP
Please permit me to open up communication with you on this mutually beneficial
business, which will not only improve our well being but also bring us together in
everlasting friendship.
I am Chief Issa Lawal, an accountant by profession working with the Federal Ministry
of Finance in the Federal Republic of Nigeria. Recently, we were appointed by this new
Civilian Government to review all contracts awarded by the Past Military Government
and make recommendations to them as to those whose payment should be honoured and
those to be cancelled. Consequently, we sat for 21days and came up with astonishing
findings those most of those contracts were over invoiced to a total tune of
US$684,000,000.00. We are now ready to submit our findings to the government and would
want to declare only US$674,000,000. leaving the Balance of US$10,000,000. For us the
members of the committee as we have identified this as a golden opportunity to uplift
our statues and guarantee the future of our children. We are also recommending to
immediate payment of over US$1b owed to genuine claims, which includes our US$10m.
In view of the above, my colleagues have mandated me to seek for a trust worthy and
reliable foreigner who can receive this fund for us as a contractor. We shall handle
the payment procedure and documentations here and use you and your company as a front
to collect the money. All arrangements have been concluded in this direction and we
need a company name to slot in as the beneficiary of this $10m before we can submit
our report.
All we need from you now is your company name and address, the name and address of
your bank with sort code and account number to set the ball rolling. For this
assistance, we are willing to give you 25% of the fund and remember that we are highly
placed government officials who would not want any scandal arising from this
transaction. The livewire of this exercise is utmost secrecy and confidentiality until
this arrangement is concluded. It is also very important that you give me your
confidential telephone, mobile and fax numbers for easy communication. Further
information will be given to you on acceptance and note that this exercise is risk
free.
Waiting for your reply soonest.
Regards,
Chief ISSA LAWAL