I appear to have found a bug in wget 1.8.2, and I couldn't find any references
to it via google. Is this a real bug? I have trouble believing it can't have
been hit before; but on the other hand, I can't figure out any reason why it
should be occuring to me.

If I use "wget -r http://myhost.com/"; when that site contains https:// links,
(eg. <a href="https://www.example.com/foo/bar.html";>ding</a>),
then wget jumps host and starts trying to mirror those sites as well!
The span-hosts parameter is not enabled in any configuration files.

If I recompile wget with the --without-ssl parameter, then the problem is
solved, and everything operates normally.

As I said, I'm using wget 1.8.2 - both original source, and with redhat
patches.
I'm linking to redhat's patched version of openssl, openssl-0.9.6b-29, and
also repeated the tests on a suse box with openssl-0.9.6g-68.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;