Quite the opposite at that time, "wait" was used for retries and between
normal connections, so a high wait time (avoid hammering) meant slow
downloads even for working connections.
So the idea at that time was having a possibility of wait 0 (between normal
connections) and waitretry 0..x (used between retries, in order to avoid
hammering).

If I remember correctly you should be able to set explicitely wait to some
value and waitretry to 0, in that case it should use the wait time only (but
I can't test that just now, so do check that).
Hmm the code says:
if (opt.waitretry && count > 1)
        <wait count, max out at opt.waitretry>
else if (opt.wait)
        <wait opt.wait>
so I think that's correct (but still, test that as I didn't right now).

Now, if you want a fixed time for wait between normal downloads and another
fixed time between retries.. that is not available currently, but probably
trivial to add - just look for "wait" in options.h, main.c, init.c, retr.c
in order to change what you need.

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it