Hello all,

I have searched the mailling list archives, but cannot find an answer to my problem. The company I work for currently uses wget to get photos for our website from an ftp server. Sometimes, photos are updated with newer versions and we always only want to get the newer versions. We are currently calling wget as follows:

wget --passive-ftp -N -r -l2 --no-parent -A.jpg ftp://username:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/photo_dir/

This works great with one exception: If we want to go in and change the photos locally, then when our wget script runs, it clobbers any photos we have added. This, as I understand it, is because when wget uses the -N flag it checks timestamps and file sizes. If the file sizes are different, then it gets the file from the remote no matter what. The problem is that almost always, the photo we update is a different size than the old photo.

My question: Is there anyway to use wget where it only downloads based upon dates and not file sizes? Thanks for you help.

Sincerely,

Preston
[EMAIL PROTECTED]