However as a matter of fact that could still suffers from a similar direct
drive access bug (instead of dot dot use driveletter:). I don't think
anybody ever check if in that case access to an absolute path on another
drive would be possible or if that would be thwarted later by the file
renaming routine (which would change ':' to '@').

I've always wanted to implement a small additional path for that but never
did it since I don't have a patched rogue ftp server handy to test it.

What would be needed to be patched is has_insecure_name_p() in fnmatch.c,
#ifdef WINDOWS check if the second character is ':' .

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED]