On Tue, 2 Sep 2003, Herold Heiko wrote:

> Did you know wget is currently in lack of a maintainer ?

the GNU website says (http://www.gnu.org/help/help.html):

  We are looking for new maintainers for these GNU packages (contact
  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> if you'd like to volunteer):

    * GNU dumb
    * The Hyperbole GNU Emacs Package
    * wget (which still has a maintainer, but he would like to step down)

so, i didn't think that wget was unmaintained.

> If you have time to perform those enhancements you enlistened you should
> probably apply as (at least temporary) maintainer.
> This wouldn't mean you would be forced to devolve more time to wget than you
> can and want, or tackle issus you really are not currently interested with -
> but still the community would be gratefull.
>
> Even a maintainer only partially present would be better than the current
> hiatus and a branch.
> On the other hand, if you could/would take over full wget development that
> would be even better.

i'll certainly do. thanks ;-)

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                 [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 with Linux  http://www.deepspace6.net
Ferrara Linux User Group        http://www.ferrara.linux.it