Hi Suhas!

> I am trying to use wget for Windows & get this message: "The ordinal 508
> could not be located in the dynamic link library LIBEAY32.dll".

You are very probably using the wrong version of the SSL files.
Take a look at
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/hherold/
Herold has nicely rearranged the links to
wget binaries and the SSL binaries.
As you can see, different wget versions need
different SSL versions-
Just download the matching SSL,
everything else should then be easy :)

Jens