> From: Hrvoje Niksic [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
..
> Yes.  Specifically, Unix's SIGWINCH simply sets a flag that means
> "window size might have changed, please check it out".  That is
> because checking window size on each refresh would perform an
> unnecessary ioctl.
>
> One thing we could do for Windows is check for window size every
> second or so.

I agree, but I have no idea how taxing those GetStdHandle() and
GetConsoleScreenBufferInfo() are.
Maybe David can shed more light on this, or even profile a bit.
Possibly the handle could be cached, saving at least the GetStdHandle() bit.

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED]