I am using wget 1.8.2-15 on a LINUX system.  I use it to get data files
from old VMS systems that we still use to take data.  The problem I am
having seems to be this:

VMS has two dates associated with a file:  the creation date, which is
generated when the file is made, and is never changed after that, and
the modification date, which is updated whenever the file is modified.

When I use wget with timestamping (wget -N) and poll the VMS system for
a file, the date returned seems to be the creation date, not the
modification date.  A user sets up a run file on Monday afternoon,
which is not started till Tuesday Morning.  This file is grabbed by wget
on Monday Evening, before it is started.  The run file is started
Tuesday Morning, and data is stored in it.  But when wget runs Tuesday
evening the file is not copied again because the creation date has not
changed.

The local and remote files have different sizes, which I thought (after
reading the man page) should flag wget to grab it.  But it does not.

Can anyone shed some light on what is going on, and how to remedy this
problem?