From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Maciej W. Rozycki
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 6:58 AM
To: Bufford, Benjamin (AGRE)
Cc: Tony Lewis; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: OpenVMS URL

On Wed, 26 May 2004, Bufford, Benjamin (AGRE) wrote:

> The colon is allowed in directory names and file names as far as I know.

 Well, then there's no way of automatic detection if the initial path
element of an URL specifies a disk or a directory.  Perhaps a special
construct could be used, such as a double slash.

> I don't use VMS much either, but in this case I need to retrieve data
> from an OpenVMS server so I have learned a little about it.  I am not
> sure what amount of tweaking would address the issue, but apparently
> there is currently nothing in wget, or any other program I have checked,
> to handle that type of pathname as a URL.

 Well, as the last resort, you can always use a regular FTP client.

+        e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED], PGP key available        +

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential
information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom
they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this
e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the
message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for
any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions
presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any
attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any
damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.