Hello!

I've been trying to get wget to retrieve a file off of our AS/400 using ftp.
I'm using wget 1.8.2 on a RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 box.  The debug output
is below.

I don't know if you're familiar with AS/400's.  They use libraries instead
of a directory structure.  All libraries are considered root level.  So, the
library below that I'm trying to retrieve from is SAVLIB, which would in
unix be /SAVLIB.  However, my default library is OKLIB (in unix, /OKLIB).

Now, on an AS/400, for ftp, if you're trying to change libraries, since all
libraries are off of the root, the change directory command shouldn't take
into account the current directory.  So, instead of CWD OKLIB/SAVLIB, it
should be CWD SAVLIB.

I've tried putting another slash in front of the SAVLIB to force a "root"
change, but that doesn't work.

I can't seem to figure out how to do this.  I'd like to point out that I can
log in with ftp and retrieve the file, and curl works (but I don't want to
have to do the redirect).

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Ben Weiss
------------------
BENJAMIN J. WEISS
Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation
Software R&D Branch Manager

----------------

[EMAIL PROTECTED] benw]$ wget -d ftp://benw:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/SAVLIB/LETSBKP
DEBUG output created by Wget 1.8.2 on linux-gnu.

--14:49:01--  ftp://benw:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/SAVLIB/LETSBKP
           => `LETSBKP'
Resolving as400... done.
Caching as400 => 128.1.2.47
Connecting to as400[128.1.2.47]:21... connected.
Created socket 3.
Releasing 0x84bfd78 (new refcount 1).
Logging in as benw ... 220-QTCP at CENTRAL.OSBI.STATE.OK.US.
220 Connection will close if idle more than 5 minutes.

--> USER benw

331 Enter password.

--> PASS xxxxxxx

230 BENW logged on.
Logged in!
==> SYST ...
--> SYST

215  OS/400 is the remote operating system. The TCP/IP version is "V5R2M0".
done.    ==> PWD ...
--> PWD

257 "OKLIB" is current library.
done.
==> TYPE I ...
--> TYPE I

200 Representation type is binary IMAGE.
done.  changing working directory
Prepended initial PWD to relative path:
  old: 'SAVLIB'
  new: 'OKLIB/SAVLIB'
==> CWD OKLIB/SAVLIB ...
--> CWD OKLIB/SAVLIB

501 Character (/) not allowed in object name.

No such directory `SAVLIB'.