From: Gabor Istvan [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, January 21, 2005 9:16 AM
To: wget@sunsite.dk
Subject: selective recursive downloading

Dear All:

I would like to know how could I use wget to selectively download
certain subdirectories of a main directory. Here is what I want to do:

Let's assume that we have a directory structure like this:

http://url.to.download/something/group-a/want-to-download/
http://url.to.download/something/group-a/not-to-download/
http://url.to.download/something/group-b/want-to-download/
http://url.to.download/something/group-b/not-to-download/
http://url.to.download/something/group-c/want-to-download/
http://url.to.download/something/group-c/not-to-download/

I would like to download all of the files from the want-to-download
subdirectories of groups a, b and c. I dont want to download anything
from the not-to-download subdirectories of groups a, b and c.

There are a lot of groups so it would be very painful to use -I or -X as
these options - as I know - require a full path definition which would be
different for each wanted and not-wanted directory because of the
different groups.

My question is how could I automate the downloads, what should I
write in the command line?

Thanks for your answer.
Please send a copy to my email address ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) since
I am not subscribe to the wget list.

IG