> From: Karsten Hopp [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

> > What do others think about a switch?  Mauro?
>
> That's the default on Red Hat Linux / Fedora Core for some
> releases now.
> Not even one objection from customers so far.

We had a whole TON of problems while switching some of our internal
production servers to RH (with passive ftp as default) due to direct
connections to customers with badly written ACLs on routers (permitting
active ftp only).

Never had any problem on internet ftp servers, though, so I'd say go with
it, too.

Heiko

--
-- PREVINET S.p.A. www.previnet.it
-- Heiko Herold [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]