On Monday 04 April 2005 04:45 pm, you wrote:
> [I previously sent this to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with no response.
> This is probably a better forum for this.]
>

> There has obviously been a great deal of work recently on wget, and
> a new release seems to be on the horizon.  I have some patches to add
> functionality, but I've not taken the time to clean them up and send
> it in.  But of course, I really want to see it in the next release.
> So... Is there a plan for the upcoming release?  When might a feature
> freeze take place?

sorry. it's all my fault. i have been ***EXTREMELY*** busy lately working on a
research project and i haven't been working on wget as much as i wanted. i
cannot but apologize. i'll try to do my best to catch up ASAP.

anyway, i just released the first alpha 1 of wget 1.10:

ftp://ftp.deepspace6.net/pub/ds6/sources/wget/wget-1.10-alpha1.tar.gz
ftp://ftp.deepspace6.net/pub/ds6/sources/wget/wget-1.10-alpha1.tar.bz2

and i was thinking about releasing wget before the end of april, after we have
performed some tests on the 1.10 code.

so, the official feature freeze would be sunday, april 9th. but, since the
recenly integrated LFS feature seems to be very useful and there's not been a
release of wget in ages, unless we have a major reason (like fixing a serious
bug or integrating an extremely cool and widely used feature) i think we
should really focus on testing and bugfixing at this point.

WRT your patches, please post them on the [EMAIL PROTECTED] mailing list
with some comments on what they do and especially why you think they are
needed. don't bother to clean the code yet, as they might be rejected or
cleaned up by other developers.

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute of Human & Machine Cognition   http://www.ihmc.us
Deep Space 6 - IPv6 for Linux            http://www.deepspace6.net