I am not sure if this is a bug or if it's on a list of future things-to-do for wget.

If a web page is downloaded using -p, the images that are referenced in the embedded style sheet do not get downloaded.

Example:  wget -p http://foo.edu/myfile.html

<!-- myfile.html contains an embedded style sheet -->
body {  background-image:url(images/bits.gif); }

*should* cause images/bits.gif to be downloaded.

Although I'm using GNU Wget 1.8.2, I didn't see this problem being addressed in the 1.9.1 version.

Please include me in a cc: because I am not subscribed to the list.

Thanks,

Frank McCown
Old Dominion University
http://www.cs.odu.edu/~fmccown