i've finally finished working on the underlying architecture of the new
website for wget, and uploaded the first version of the site at:

http://wget.sunsite.dk/

ok, the results are not fancy for the moment, but I wanted a simple, ultra
lightweight, easily extensible, lean-and-mean website and I can assure you
there's a lot of power hidden behind the simple couple of pages I have
uploaded.

in fact, the new website is built on top of a complex templating architecture
which makes use of the powerful Template Toolkit:

http://www.template-toolkit.org

this allows for a very rapid creation of new pages and website customization,
without the performance (all the pages are static) and security problems, the
steep learning curve, the deployment and maintenance nightmare of complex CMS
tools.

anyway, i realize that the look and feel of the new website is not
particularly captivating at the moment, so i really think we should have a
wget logo contest and a website style context. what do you say?

--
Aequam memento rebus in arduis servare mentem...

Mauro Tortonesi                          http://www.tortonesi.com

University of Ferrara - Dept. of Eng.    http://www.ing.unife.it
Institute for Human & Machine Cognition  http://www.ihmc.us
GNU Wget - HTTP/FTP file retrieval tool  http://www.gnu.org/software/wget