Hello,

I consider this a bug to underline that the default behaviour should be
the opposite.

For example: if I want to grab a series of pdf's from a list that is
part of an HTML-document, I want to just set -Apdf. This does not work,
though, because the HTML-document gets rejected. I have to set
-Ahtml,pdf.

This is bad for two reasons:

1. wget downloads and keeps the HTML-document on my media though I'm not
interested in it.

2. I have to set -r to reach the pdf's (they are only linked from the
HTML-document), which results in wget also following links to other
HTML-documents and storing the whole WWW on my media.

>From my point of view, the first HTML-document is always valid because
it is part of the start address. It is targeted directly, and the user
knows why. It should never be rejected--even if its type is not listed
with -A. It should always be parsed and evaluated to have a chance to
get the links to the other types listed with -A processed. It may not be
stored persistently on the media, though.

Regards,

Dennis